Accounting + Board Procedures
Dragon Wagon Item Request
The Dragon Wagon is not only for spirit items - it's a great way to sell sponsorships, wristbands, field day t-shirts, and other event-specific purchases!
If you have an item you'd like added to the Dragon Wagon, please submit the information here. Complete that form no less than 3 days prior to when you want the item live on the site.
Collection of Money
- Cash & checks must be deposited in a timely manner
- Committees must count money received from their events and submit a Deposit Summary Form with totals for cash and checks
- Only PTA PayPal account should be used for any money received on behalf of the PTA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- A check request form and attached receipts are required – with all approvals (including Committee Chairperson regardless of who completes the form)
- Check requests should be submitted within 30 days of expense
- PTA cannot reimburse for sales tax (tax exempt form available from Catherine)
- Check requests that require a check to be mailed (rather than left in the PTA mailbox) must include an addressed envelope
- Committees are responsible for preparing and maintaining their own budgets and explaining variances from actual amounts received and spent
- Incentives/prizes offered should be included in your budget
- PTA Budget must be approved by the General Membership – any material variances or additions to budget would have to be voted on separately
- Turn in deposits and check requests to Catherine, Jahna or locked PTA mailbox outside of the main office.
- If shopping at Sam’s Club please pickup the card from Catherine or Melissa Marsh. You must have the PTA card to make tax exempt purchases.
- Forms and envelopes can also be found in the front office.