Volunteering at Dealey
Si quisiera ser voluntario y habla requiere ayuda en español por favor comuniquese con email@example.com.
Show your dedication to Dealey by volunteering at least 10 hours in the fall and 10 hours in the spring.
Volunteer at home, at school, or in the community. Whatever your schedule, interests, or skills, we have a job for YOU!
Check out just some of the ways you can dedicate yourself to Dealey below.
To get started follow these easy steps:
- Apply via the DISD website VOLY (DISD’s volunteer management site). Note: Returning volunteers also must complete step 1.
- Complete Dealey’s volunteer interest form.
- Log into your VOLY account to view current volunteer needs and to sign up for opportunities that interest you. See instructions for locating opportunities: VOLY Log Hours Handout
- Record your volunteer hours in VOLY. See instructions for logging volunteer hours: VOLY Log Hours Handout
Have an event that you want posted on VOLY? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you completed volunteer hours but don’t see the event listed in VOLY? Contact email@example.com.
Below are some of the many volunteer opportunities available at Dealey. Feel free to contact the Volunteer Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Support extra-curricular activities that engage creative thinking, expanded horizons, and inspired learning such as the Fine Arts Booster Club, Junior Players, Reflections (our annual arts contest), Destination Imagination.
Assist our annual spring fundraiser by volunteering for: item solicitation, online auction, sponsorship/underwriting, setup, guest check-in/check-out, photographer, decorator, and general support.
Assist our annual fall fundraiser with set-up, tear down, manage games and rides, community fundraising, distribute wrist-bands, food service and more.
Welcome new families and participate in efforts strengthen the Dealey community.
Help our Dealey families stay “in-the-know” through general correspondence assistance for the PTA and/or through Spanish language outreach (translate PTA documents into Spanish, offer translation and communication assistance specifically for Spanish speaking families).
General support from Dealey Dads for various campus needs
Help manage and maintain the Dragon Wish board (a place for teachers to list classroom material needs) throughout the school year.
Help with the garden in your child’s classroom and/or school grounds beautification.
Field Day is a fun-filled outdoor event that takes place during the spring. Help with pre-event organization, set-up, break down, and supervise individual activities the day of the event.
PTA fundraising efforts support educational and enrichment activities in the classroom and beyond. You can help from home, from school, or out in the community.
- Box Tops: Help promote and organize the Box Tops fundraising efforts; help organize, calculate, and submit the box tops; help collect coupons. Can work from home or school.
- Dragon Wagon: The Dragon Wagon sells all things branded Dealey. Talk to people, find their size and ring up the sale. We offer short shifts and a fun environment.
- General Fundraising support: Help organize school fundraisers in the community.
Develop healthy initiatives to improve learning & wellness in the Dealey community through education, advocacy, service learning, & participation in school programs & committees that address health & education. Participation may include:
- Healthy messages (morning announcements, boards, flyers, etc.)
- Develop partnerships and grants
- Promote a healthy, safe school environment (gardening activities, recycling etc.)
- Coordinate initiatives with other programs (carnival, health fairs, room parents, etc.)
Help show our teachers how much we appreciate them by setting up and serving at luncheons and other teacher events.
A thriving and active PTA membership is the key to a successful school! Recruit families to join the PTA and stay engaged in school events/programs throughout the year to support students, faculty & administration.
Middle School Dance
Open to parents of students in grades 7-8. PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in chaperoning the end-of-year Middle School Dance, you MUST help with at least one dance or fundraiser during the year. You can help in person at the event, or by sending donations for concessions.
Help provide setup and audio/visual equipment support during Dealey family movie nights (4 Fridays/school year).
Encourage your child’s natural curiosity about nature! Greet students in the library nature exchange area. Help them learn about items they bring in and exchange for points with items already in stock.
Assist with coordinating and facilitating school-wide educational programs.
Help a teacher or staff member feel special by bringing them anonymous small gifts and treats throughout the year.