Dealey FAQ from A to Z!
- After School Care: Champions After School Program http://www.discoverchampions.com
- Bus Schedule: will be available from DISD before the start of school. Schedules & Routes will be available in Dealey front office at start of school. Check the Dallas ISD website https://www.dallasisd.org/busroutes
- Calendar: All School events and holidays and PTA events can be accessed on the Calendar http://www.dealeypta.org/calendar-2/
– Model UN for Middle School
– NJHS (National Junior Honor Society) for Middle School
– Orchestra for Grades Kinder & Up taught by teacher Orchestra Dr. Markley
– Piano for Middle School during school day
– Theater/Drama for Middle School during school day Choir for Middle School
– Martial Arts
- Extracurricular Activities: after school, onsite at school typically, see information under Parent Resources, click our Dealey PTA Page on Extracurricular Activities here.
- Join the PTA: Click here https://www.myschoolanywhere.com/new-family.a5w?fam=DealeyMontessoriIntlAcadem3468 to update your information and submit your annual PTA membership information and dues.
- Official Dealey PTA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gbdpta/
- PTA Meetings: General PTA Meetings are held every other month starting in September on the last Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
- Spirit Day and Jean Spirit Day: We’ve got Dragon Spirit! EVERY Friday, students may wear a Spirirt shirt with a uniform bottom. The last Friday of the month, they may wear a spirit shirt with jeans. Spirit-wear can be purchased at the Dragon Wagon, which is usually open before PTA meetings or at other big Dealey events.
2017-2018 Jeans Fridays: 9/29; 10/27; 11/17; 12/15; 1/26; 2/23; 3/30; 4/27; 5/25
- Sports: see our Dealey PTA Page on Extracurriculars here. Includes Dealey Soccer Club, Tennis, Volleyball (per parent volunteer, certain grades)
- Staying Informed: The primary source of information is our website (YEAH! You’re here!). Make www.dealeypta.org your first stop for information.
During the school year, we also send a weekly email called the “Eblast” on Thursday mornings to alert you about news and upcoming events. If you are not receiving the weekly Eblast, sign up here.
In addition, some school and PTA communication is sent home each week in the “Thursday folder” and on “The Official PTA Facebook Page” https://www.facebook.com/groups/gbdpta/.
Principal Lusk, also writes a “Monthly Blog” which can be found here https://www.smore.com/sf2dp-dealey-dragon-update
- Uniform Requirements: see DISD website here https://www.dallasisd.org/Page/102. Dealey has a uniform, which may be purchased at the retailer of your choice. Most retailers, like Old Navy, Target, Children’s Place, etc. have a good supply of colors and sizes in the “back to school” season in the summer.
Tops: White or Royal Blue (with collars)
Bottoms: Black, Navy or Khaki – These can be pants, shorts or skirts/skorts (must be knee length or longer).
The uniform does not apply to sweaters, coats, shoes, or socks. Tennis shoes are required on P.E. days.
- Visiting: When visiting the school you may park in the visitor parking spots or on the street at the West side of school. All visitors must ring the bell to be buzzed in through the front doors on Royal Lane. Proceed to the office to sign in as a visitor or volunteer on the Dealey computer. If you need to pick your child up during the school day, there is a log to sign. Please present ID to take children from school.